When you invest time, money, and more into cosmetic treatment, it’s understandable to want your results to last as long as possible. While injectable dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxers already offer relatively long-lasting results, there are certain things you can do to ensure you get the most out of your treatment. At Aesthetic Enhancements Plastic Surgery in Orlando, FL, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Armando Soto and our expert team of cosmetic injectors share in patients’ desires to achieve beautiful, natural-looking, and long-lasting enhancements. Use the helpful information below to learn more about what you should and shouldn’t do to ensure your gorgeous new look lasts as long as possible after cosmetic injections.
What do injectables do?
To better understand what results may be possible for you with cosmetic injectables, it’s important to first have some knowledge on the fundamentals of injectable dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxers. Dermal fillers, such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®, are primarily used to restore lost volume, fill out deflated features, and soften the appearance of static lines and wrinkles. Injectable neurotoxins, also called wrinkle relaxers, work to smooth dynamic lines and wrinkles, including Crow’s feet and forehead lines. Additional classes of cosmetic injectables include cellulite-reducing injections, such as QWO®.
How long do fillers last?
Dermal fillers are naturally broken down by the body over time. Depending on the specific product used, how quickly the patient’s body breaks it down, and other factors, most patients can expect their filler results to last for about 12 – 18 months before a repeat treatment is needed. Injectable wrinkle relaxers, which take up to 7 –10 days to provide visible results, typically last for about 3 – 4 months. While every patient is different, the helpful hints below can often help to prolong the results of your cosmetic fillers and wrinkle relaxers between injections.
- Avoid sun exposure: Minimizing your exposure to direct sunlight and wearing sunscreen are always recommended for preserving the health and beauty of your skin.
- Drink plenty of water: In addition, staying hydrated and eating a healthy, balanced diet can help your skin to stay youthful-looking for longer.
- Choose a qualified and experienced provider: By having your injections administered by a highly skilled cosmetic or medical injector, you can rest assured that you are receiving the appropriate product, dose, placement, and more, all of which can help your results to last longer.
- Consider your fitness routine: Cutting out exercise is definitely not recommended, but it is helpful to be aware of how working out may affect your injectable results. In many cases, frequent or excessive physical activity speeds up the body’s process of breaking down fillers and wrinkle relaxers.
- Schedule routine injections: Many men and women begin to notice that their injectables last longer and longer after multiple rounds of consistent treatment. Be sure to schedule your maintenance sessions at regular intervals or at the earliest sign of a change in your results.
Look your best for longer with cosmetic injectables in Orlando, FL
If you are interested in a nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatment that can provide months or even years’ worth of results, you may be a candidate for cosmetic injectables. To learn more about the injectable fillers and wrinkle relaxers that may be right for you, call Aesthetic Enhancements Plastic Surgery in Orlando, FL to schedule your private consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Armando Soto and our award-winning aesthetic team today.