Aesthetic Enhancements now offers the nationally acclaimed non-surgical skin lifting and tightening procedure, Ultherapy, in the heart of Orlando’s beautiful Dr. Phillips neighborhood.
Ultherapy is the only FDA-approved non-invasive treatment for lifting the skin on the neck, chin and brow.
Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound to stimulate collagen in the deeper, structurally supportive layers of the face- the tissues previously only possible to address through a surgical facelift procedure – tightening deep within the skin without actually disturbing the surface of the skin, and without downtime.
The result? Tighter, better-fitting skin, even on the neck!
Natural. Non-invasive. No downtime.
While there are many treatments that claim to tighten the skin, Ultherapy is the only one approved by the FDA for this purpose (requiring proof it works and is safe).
The typical Ultherapy treatment takes an hour to an hour and a half, depending on the areas you are interested in improving. Most patients notice an early, short term improvement, but the real benefit comes from the natural response of the tissues to the ultrasound treatment- the production of new, more elastic collagen- which will take 2-3 months, meaning that you will see continued improvement as time passes.
Ultherapy cannot achieve the results a facelift can- and so if you need a facelift to look your best, you still will after Ultherapy- but for those not interested in a facelift, or who have developed signs of aging not yet severe enough to consider a facelift, and who may be interested in avoiding a facelift in the future by “staying ahead of the problem” Ultherapy is a fantastic option.
Return to Facial Enhancement
How It's Done
- In Preparation for your Ultherapy treatment, you will be given a dose of pain medication appropriate for your height, weight, and pain threshold, as well as for the area being treated. Some patients may also benefit from and receive a small dose of an anti-anxiety medication. Because of the sedating effects of these medications, it will not be possible for you to drive yourself home from our office and you should make arrangements with a friend or family member to accompany you to your treatment, assist you home afterwords, and stay with you until the effects of the medications have completely worn off.
- The need for pain medication only exists as long as the treatment is underway- in other words, as soon as the treament is over most patients do not have any pain at all, and do not take pain medicine at home. There is no recovery period, and most patients only describe a sensation of tightness in the skin of the area treated.
- After the medications have taken their effect, you will be positioned on the treatment bed and the areas of your desired improvement will be marked.
- The treatment is performed using carefully selected Ultherapy settings and the Ulthera instruments appropriate for your goals and skin type and according to the ultrasound visuals obtained. For this reason, it is critical to understand that while we at Aesthetic Enhancements definitely believe in this technology and in its success and safety, it cannot be denied that:
- The safety and effectiveness of the treatment will depend a great deal on the skills and experience of the professional you have perform it on you.
- It is therefore inappropriate to think that the treatment will be the same no matter where you have it performed and by whom.
- Depending on the areas to be treated, your treatment may take as little as half an hour, or up to an hour and a half.
- As mentioned, there is no "down-time" after the procedure, and no need for pain medicine at home, although some patients do say that there are small areas within the treatment area where they feel minor sensitivity for a few days.
- You may resume your usual skin care regimen the evening of the procedure.
- Many patients will notice some early (if not immediate) improvement, but the majority of the improvement will occur over the subsequent 3 -6 months as your skin produces new, younger collagen.
- How is Ultherapy different from other cosmetic procedures? Ultherapy is the onlynon-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses focused ultrasound to stimulate the growth of new collagen deep within the skin. While the majority of patients see some improvement immediately after the procedure, the production of new collagen occurs over time, so results usually become more apparent over the three to six months following treatment. The procedure takes only about an hour for most patients, and there is no downtime. It also is the only procedure to use ultrasound imaging, which allows us to actually see the layers of tissue we target during the treatment and ensure the energy is deposited precisely to where it will be most effective in the individual patient.
- Does it hurt? A recent software upgrade called “Ultherapy Amplify” now affords a much more comfortable (not to mention more effective) procedure. While comfort thresholds vary from patient to patient, most of our patients now report that the procedure is quite tolerable. If and when any minor discomfort does occur, it happens only while the ultrasound energy is being delivered. This sensation is temporary and is a positive signal that the collagen-building process has been initiated. At Aethetic Enhancements, we take measures to make the experience as pleasant as possible through a combination of pain-prevention and cooling, and patients tell us they leave comfortable and excited about the benefits to come.
- How long does it last? Patients treated with Ultherapy still have fresh young collagen after a year’s time following the procedure, and there would be no reason to think that the benefits of the treatment would suddenly "wear off", but your skin will obviously continue to age, at a rate determined by your skin type, lifestyle, and skin history. Future touch-up treatments can help keep pace with the aging process.
- Are there any side effects? There may be slight redness for up to an hour or so following the treatment, and a small percentage of patients may have slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to touch, but these are mild and temporary in nature. Again, the majority of patients are very comfortable by the time they leave our office.
- How much does it cost? You should expect to pay between $1000 and $5000, depending upon the areas being treated, and who is performing your procedure.
- Is Ultherapy safe? The procedure has been cleared by the FDA after demonstrating effectiveness and safety in clinical studies, and (as of this writing) over 300,000 treatments have been performed safely worldwide. In addition, ultrasound energy has a proven track record, with use in the field of medicine for more than 50 years.
- How many treatments does it take? Most patients only need one treatment; however, some may benefit from more than one treatment depending on how much laxity they have and their body’s own biological response to the ultrasound and the collagen-building process.
- What does collagen do? How does Ultherapy stimulate the creation of collagen?
Collagen is a protein found in abundance in youthful skin, and is responsible for that young appearance by keeping it firmed and toned. As we age, our collagen loses its strength and its ability to stand up to the effects of gravity that pull the skin and tissues downward. Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound to generate a thermal affect under the skin, at the level of the supportive collagen- jumpstarting a repair process that strengthens existing collagen and produces fresh, new collagen.